In September 2018, the people attending the third TCG meeting came together to find their Common Ground with the question- what has brought you hear?
The following were the most common responses:
- This is an ideal time for change
- Disillusionment with local politics
- Curious about other alternatives because the current system is in a mess
- Mistrust of the power of corporations
- Politics is broken and people are not being heard
- How can we take back control of our local communities?
- Angry with the current democratic system
- There is no political model that embraces the household
- The dumbing down of politics suits the vested interests of those in power.
- Development in the countryside and loss of wildlife
- Getting fairness into the planning process
- Wanting a better future for our children and grandchildren and concern for their futures
- Encouraging community engagement and participation especially youth
- Getting fragmented early stage projects going in area